Date: 2/13/18 8:41 pm
From: Andrew Core <tucsonrba...>
Subject: Re: [AZNMbirds] se AZ: Streak-backed Oriole - Tucson
From the Tucson Audubon Society's RBA (520-629-0510 X 3 or rarebirdalert AT
tucsonaudubon.org):

Deb Paulson and Jocelyn Baker report from 2/13:

We visited the house at 2nd and Anderson to look for the Streak-backed
Oriole twice today and saw it in the afternoon at around 3 pm. In the
morning, work was being done around the house and we saw nothing in the 45
minutes we were in the neighborhood.
The oriole came to the feeder within 10 min. of our arrival in the
afternoon. It left and came back in a few minutes, but flew away
immediately, as a Coopers Hawk landed in the same orange tree. The
Cooper's Hawk sat on the bird bath and was still there when we left 10-15
min. after it arrived.

eBird hotspot: https://ebird.org/hotspot/L6764620

thanks Deb & Jocelyn!

Andrew Core