Date: 2/13/18 6:58 pm
From: Richard Gregg <greggra...>
Subject: F.O.Y.: Winter Wren
F.O.Y.:
12:19, Tuesday, February 13, 2018.
Marmet Locks.
Winter Wren (1)
I was being still after positioning myself to try and get photos of a Common Goldeneye and Gadwall in one pond or Hooded Mergansers in the other. I caught movement to my left and saw this one about 5-feet away. It stayed a minute or so and I got a good look at my first Winter Wren. Life Bird! My 3rd Life Bird at the Locks this year. The Locks property never fails to surprise me.

Bird of note:
I also ran into some folks at the Locks today who saw the male Ring-necked Pheasant. I didn’t see it but they showed me a photo they took not five minutes before running into me. After closing out my Travel Observation, I stayed another hour hoping it would come back out. It was not to be. I’ve looked hard but haven’t seen him since November 26th. Their sighting was in the road. It ran a few yards into the high scrubby area between the Main Lot and Mt. Holly Lawn.

Rick Gregg,
Kanawha Co., WV

Join us on Facebook!