Date: 2/13/18 5:44 pm
Subject: Re: Peregrine Falcon - Hilton Head Update
Paul,
Thanks for your post.  You helped me learn something new...I was also not aware that peregrine falcons are commonly seen on HHI this time of the year.
I encourage your continued posts...and the opportunity for us to learn new birding facts!
KayHHP
Kay Grinnell
<kaytgrinnell...>
843 597-3633 cell

On Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 1:26:11 PM GMT+13, Paul Heitmann <carolinabirds...> wrote:

Everyone,
Yesterday, I posted a comment about observing a Peregrine Falcon, which in my 18 years of living on Hilton Head, I had never observed one in the area.  I felt as though it was a significant bird sighting so I posted it on listserve.  Much to my surprise, a fellow birder pointed out my error and Peregrine Falcons are quite common this time of year in the inlets of South Carolina and I should be more careful with my wording.  I apologize to the group for my error in believing this was a unique sighting.  I will try and be more careful in my future posts.
Paul

Join us on Facebook!