Date: 2/13/18 3:20 pm
From: Lucy De Lap <ldelap...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET A yellow rumped warbler today(!) and other unexpecteds near the Fox
I truly did not expect to see the female/immature yellow-rumped warbler that was flitting from one to another suet feeder in my back yard this morning, vying with a junco for tidbits. I'd seen them as early as April in the past but never in the height of the snow season. This year we've had quite a few visits by a carolina wren as well which is unusual.
I also happened by 2 great blue herons standing on the ice floe in the Fox River, just north of the pedestrian bridge in East Dundee. They did not stay long as - I went back 5 minutes later and they were no where in sight.
On Sunday afternoon while walking along the Fox, over the course of a half hour or so we observed a string of 5 bald eagles fly north in the late afternoon. First a smaller adult, the one by one three immatures, and then a larger adult.

Just another day along the Fox in East Dundee! Gotta love it.
Lucy DeLapEast DundeeKane County

Join us on Facebook!