Date: 2/13/18 3:00 pm
From: Steve Ferendo, Frederick, MD <stevefinmd...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Re: What to do when you see someone behaving badly...
On Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 5:11:15 PM UTC-5, Steve Ferendo, Frederick, MD wrote:
> This article is from the snowy irruption that we has in 2014 It is probably the most effective way to deal with these folks:
>
> http://naturalworldthroughmycamera.blogspot.com/2014/02/how-to-make-snowy-owl-fly-sad-tutorial.html

In the case that I posted on my blog the PA Game Commission was able to find the person through their license plates. They were given a stern warning and informed of the potential penalty if the behavior is repeated. The photos were posted in the Lancaster PA newspaper along with an explanation about why it is harmful for the birds. I believe education is the key, and a little public shaming does not hurt to reinforce the lesson.