Date: 2/13/18 1:51 pm
From: Joel Geier <joel.geier...>
Subject: [obol] Re: [boo] Diamond Hill wetland--what is this beast?
Lars & All,

This is private land but under a Wetland Reserve Program (WRP) permanent
conservation easement.

For general information about the WRP program see:
https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/main/national/programs/easements/wetlands/

There are quite a few WRP easements in the Willamette Valley.

For the good Short-eared Owl viewing opportunities at Diamond Hill Rd.
wetlands, and the generally open landscape favorable to prairie species,
we can thank USFWS staff who helped convince NRCS planners not to plant
a dense row of trees along the edge of the road.

Good birding,
Joel

--
Joel Geier