Date: 2/13/18 10:47 am
From: Peter Pyle <ppyle...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] forwarding Lucy's Warbler at Presidio Golf Course
,..from Mark Dettling. Cheers, Peter

Lucy's Warbler (Oreothlypis luciae) (1)
- Reported Feb 13, 2018 08:50 by Mark Dettling
- Presidio Golf Course, San Francisco US-CA (37.7879,-122.4684), San
Francisco, California
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=37.787921,-122.4684&ll=37.787921,-122.4684
- Comments: "First seen around 9am in the willows at the bottom of
the gully right at this spot (which is just east of Mountain Lake in
the Presidio). It was with a flock of Yellow-rumps and Townsend's. I
looked for the bird in this spot 20 min later, but the flock had
moved on. At first glance it reminded me of a Bushtit since it was
all pale gray with the underparts paler. The tail was too short and
the bill too pointed. Then as it was moving about, it moved its wings
to reveal a deep chestnut rump. As I watched the bird for a few
minutes it began to preen showing the chestnut crown patch as well as
the chestnut rump. Did not have a camera so no photos. I'm not on the
SF birdlist, so someone might want to post my eBird list there."

http://www.yahoogroups.com/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: