Date: 2/13/18 9:05 am
From: Bill Tice <ticebill7...>
Subject: [obol] Odd blackbird
Yesterday while driving around locally in Polk Co, I stopped to look over a mixed blackbird flock. I quickly picked out one with a decidedly gleaming, bright white wing bar. Feeling sure it was going to be a trike, I grabbed the camera. Then the flock flew up but landed not far away. Grabbing the bins I relocated him, only to see he had a yellow iris. And when he did an about face, there was no white wing bar on his other side. Not sure what to make of this Brewers Blackbird. I’ve never seen such. I was not able to get his pic. Maybe I’ll try again today.

Bill TicePOST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!