Date: 2/13/18 8:40 am
From: Herbert Flavell <herb1013...>
Subject: Re: Northern Harrier trying to feed on a non-food item.
It could have been a flattened road kill. 2 times I have had Turkey
Vultures drop road killed Possums on my lawn. I just left them and a day
or 2 later the first Vulture came back and picked up his meal. The 2nd
picked her meal back up the next day. I  was lucky enough to have my
camera out and got a movie of her taking off like a B-29.. Speaking of
vultures, my sister and I were sitting on the pond bench watching the
fish and a Black Snake that was swimming in the water. I had almost
stepped on him.We are watching the snake and 8 Turkey Vultures flew over
our heads not 25 feet up. They kept circling over our heads. I said to
my sister either there is a dead animal here or they intend to bomb us.
They finally just drifted away. Thank God it was not bombs away.
Herb Flavell. Gods Knob, Milk Can Corners Susquehanna County

On 2/13/2018 10:02 AM, Stanley C Stahl wrote:
> An adult male Northern Harrier picked up a large item, flew around with it, and landed again, and started pecking at it, and appeared to take bits of it off to eat. I couldn’t tell what it was, but it seemed to be a non food item.  This has to be a problem with birds of prey, and other birds,as well.  Vultures, Crows, and others are seen doing this very often.The harrier was seen just east of Middle Creek WMA near the quilter’s homestead.Stan Stahl
>

> Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

Join us on Facebook!