Date: 2/13/18 8:03 am
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: Fwd: [Tweeters] Hummer tongue
I had one of these here a couple of years ago at a feeder. It wasn't
around very long so I don't think it survived. A few other people have
reported them down here. So it seems to be rare but now fairly widespread.
I don't know much else. Bob O'Brien Portland

On Monday, February 12, 2018, David Selk <David.Selk...> wrote:
> For several weeks we have a female Anna's coming to our feeder which
appears to have its tongue permanently stuck out. It seems to do ok at the
feeder but sometimes struggles to feed, often having to hover to gain entry
rather than perch. When perched in a tree or bush it does a lot of bill
wiping. It's been around for at least a month so is hanging in there. Has
anyone seen this before?

> Woodland Park Zoo saves wildlife and inspires everyone to make
conservation a priority in their lives.