Date: 2/13/18 6:47 am
Subject: Peregrine Falcon - February 12, 2018 - Hilton Head Island, SC
Yesterday, I saw my 2nd sighting of a Peregrine Falcon on the high wire
towers between Bluffton, SC and Hilton Head Island, SC. I feel as though
this is a significant sighting as I can only find a dozen or less sightings
of Peregrine Falcon's over the past 10 years near Hilton Head Island.

When traveling from Bluffton to Hilton Head, look north as you cross the
first bridge, also known as the Karl Bowers Bridge. Look at the high wire
towers just as you approach the entrance to Pinkney Island NWR. Typically
you will see Bald Eagles but lately the Peregrine Falcon has been there in
the afternoon.

Pull into the CC Haig Jr. Boat Launch on the right side of the road and you
will be able to see one of the high wire tower from the parking area. The
Peregrine Falcon may be seen from there.

Both of my sightings have been between 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM.

Join us on Facebook!