Date: 2/13/18 6:36 am
From: Karen Holliday <ladyhawke1...>
Subject: ASCA Field Trip This Saturday
This Saturday is the Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC) and the Audubon Society of Central Arkansas (ASCA's) February field trip.  Come join us!  You don't have to be an ASCA member to participate in the field trip or the GBBC.  See details below.  Keep an eye on the weather, you may need a rain jacket.  A slight chance of rain is predicted but the field trip will still go.  We'll just pretend we are ducks like the ones we'll be seeing.  Feel free to contact me off-list if you have any questions.Karen HollidayASCA Field Trip CoordinatorLittle Rock
 February 17, 2018Two Rivers Park, LittleRock AR Participate in the 2018 Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC) byjoining ASCA’s February field trip.  Meetat 8:00 a.m. in the parking lot of the Two Rivers Park Bridge (also known asthe “Little” Dam Bridge) at the start of the walking trail located at 4468River Mountain Road at the southeast end of the Two Rivers Park peninsula.  We’ll scope the river from the parking lot andbridge, then walk the dirt and paved trails as far as people wish to go.  You can turn around at any point and headback to your vehicle.  After returning toour cars, we’ll drive to the west entrance of Two Rivers Park and walk the bigfield and horse trail.  Both areas have adiverse population of sparrows and provides a great opportunity to work onidentifying those “little brown birds”. Knee-high rubber boots are recommended for the big field and horse trail because of the copious number of sandburrs.  Bring water, snacks, and yourscope if you have one.  We should finisharound noon.  If any rare loons are beingreported, we can continue on to Lake Maumelle.  Loons, mergansers, ducks, and grebes areeasily found on the lake this time of year.  Ifyou can’t join the field trip, participate in the GBBC by counting the birds inyour own backyard and submitting your sightings to the GBBC website at www.birdcount.org. Directions-takeExit 9 west off I-430 onto Cantrell Rd. At the first stop light, turn right (north) onto River MountainRoad.  Go to the bottom of the hill thenbear right to the main parking lot.  GPScoordinates are 34.797458,-92.383017.

Join us on Facebook!