Date: 2/12/18 6:18 pm
From: Jody Williams <fisherwoods...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Arthur Pack Park, 4 swallow species
Maybe it was the wind…. saw my first of the year Cliff Swallow over one of the ponds at the golf course. Started at the Maveen Behan parking by the service area. there were only 4-5 Northern Rough-wing Swallows then.
Walked the perimeter of the course until all players were off and the flags taken in, then briefly viewed the 13th hole pond where the Cliff Swallow was.
Today there were only half the number of Bufflehead as on Saturday.
Two Black Phoebes were the first I’ve seen on the year.

Ebird list is attached

Arthur Pack Regional Park, Pima, Arizona, US
Feb 12, 2018 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
2.5 mile(s)
Comments: All three ponds
33 species (+1 other taxa)

Cinnamon Teal 2 7th hole pond
Northern Shoveler 300
Mallard 1
Green-winged Teal 1
Ring-necked Duck 18 all on 9th hole pond
Bufflehead 18 all on 13th hole pond
Ruddy Duck 40
Pied-billed Grebe 3
Neotropic Cormorant 2
Sora 1 9th hole pond
American Coot 110
Killdeer 13
Least Sandpiper 19 5 on the 7th, 14 on the 13th hole pond
Mourning Dove 8
Gila Woodpecker 3
Northern/Gilded Flicker 1
Black Phoebe 2
Say's Phoebe 1
Vermilion Flycatcher 7
Northern Rough-winged Swallow 20 5 on the 13th, 15 on the 9th
Tree Swallow 5 2 on 13th, 3 on 9th
Violet-green Swallow 4 all on 9th
Cliff Swallow 1 adult plumage bird, buffy rump patch and orange face, shallow fork to tail observed for 2 minutes 13th hole pond
Verdin 2
Marsh Wren 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
Curve-billed Thrasher 1