Date: 2/12/18 2:03 pm
From: Denis DeSilvis <avnacrs4birds...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Update on Recovering America's Wildlife Act (RAWA)
Tweeters,

Here's an update from the Federal Coordinator at the WDFW. Note that RAWA is a Federal, not a Washington State bill. I don't know what the National Audubon Society is doing to support this bill, but I believe the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies (AFWA) is the prime non-Governmental backer of this bill. Below is what I received today:

I wanted to send you a quick update. RAWA will be heard in the Federal Lands subcommittee of Natural Resources in the House [of Representatives] next Thursday the 15th. AFWA is in the process of drafting testimony and briefing the witness. See the hearing information here: https://naturalresources.house.gov/calendar/eventsingle.aspx?EventID=403944. You may also use the link to direct you to the livestream of the hearing.

Here's a link to the fact sheet and presentation that were given to the Washington Fish and Wildlife Commission concerning RAWA last Thursday, Feb 8:

https://wdfw.wa.gov/commission/meetings/2018/02/feb0818_02_rawa_factsheet.pdf

https://wdfw.wa.gov/commission/meetings/2018/02/feb0818_02_rawa_presentation.pdf

Thanks, and may all your birds be identified,

Denis

Denis DeSilvis

<avnacrs4birds...><mailto:<avnacrs4birds...>