Date: 2/12/18 12:03 pm
From: Laura Paulson <laura...>
Subject: [texbirds] Fwd: eBird Report - Santa Ana NWR (LTC 059), 12-Feb-2018
Hello Texbirders,
We might have thought the trifecta of kingfishers and the trifecta of teals
might have been the highlight of this bird walk report, or maybe the
first-of-season (for us) Purple Martins ... until we saw the Hook-billed
Kite from the tower! Great views, seen both flying and perched, from the
Santa Ana tower. Life bird for everyone present! Wow!
What will tomorrow's best bird be? Come find out! Walks leave from the
Visitor Center at 8:30 am every day but Sunday.

Laura and Steve Paulson
USFWS Volunteers
Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge
Alamo, Texas