Date: 2/12/18 10:40 am
From: Bob Bowers <bobescribe...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SEAZ: Pinal County Willow Springs/Black Mountain Update
Note that the eBird hotspot, Black Mountain, along Willow Springs Road in
Pinal County is off-limits from Willow Springs Road, the only practical
access point. An Arizona Game and Fish officer stopped us at the entry
point Saturday, and denied us access even though we were there to conduct a
quarterly Willow Springs area Tucson Bird Count, which we have been doing
for years at the request of Arizona Game and Fish. The access road is on
private property, and even though it leads only to a gate into Arizona
State Trust Lands (and the Black Mountain transmission tower), the owner of
the land between Willow Springs Road and the gate has posted both sides of
WSR, starting at about mile 14 going north, and has requested Game and Fish
officers to cite all trespassers.

Bob and Prudy Bowers
SaddleBrooke, AZ

www.birdingthebrookeandbeyond.com