Date: 2/11/18 9:02 pm
From: Mike & MerryLynn <m.denny...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] Snohomish Co. Pygmy-Owl
Back in 1988 we came home to our then apartment in College Place and
found an injured Saw-whet outside our front door - had injured its eye.
We picked it up and called the rehabber - she was full so told us to
take care of it. We put it on a pine bough on top of our bookcase and
fed it mice. When we would open the door and enter the room it would
suck up skinny and scared - until it realized we were feeding it - after
3 days it would just be fat and happy - and talk to us. After two weeks
it healed up and we released it -

ML

--
Mike & MerryLynn Denny
Birding the Beautiful Walla Walla Valley