Date: 2/11/18 5:14 pm
From: linda phelan thompson <lindaphelanlmt...>
Subject: [obol] Swans
Graham Road, just north of Trojan Park on Hwy 30 continues to be a
fantastic place for viewing large numbers of Swans. I tried to count and
guestimate, and I'd say at least 600 and very possibly up to 800 swans were
out there yesterday. There were also many Trumpeter Swans, some close to
the road providing much closer views than other places I've seen them.
Their honks were unmistakable
when they flew over.

It was a beautiful sunny day, with crystal clear views of the mountains.
There was some high drama with adult eagles above the swans, I'm guessing
two's company and three's a crowd. There were many delights yesterday,
including an Osprey in Scappoose seen from Dike Road near Multnomah Channel.

Happy Birding all. PS: I've had Song Sparrows at my feeders and suet all
winter.

Linda, Tigard
--

*Linda Lee*