Date: 2/11/18 3:51 pm
From: DAVID KOCH <davilene...>
Subject: Re: Extralimital (very close) gyrfalcon
Jason Horn called me around 9, saying that several people were looking at the gyr. I got there about 45 minutes later and it wasn't on the pole where it had been. It had apparently chased ducks which must've been near the farm across the way. So I then drove up Oberly to the preserved area where several locals I know were standing, but it wasn't there either. However, they had seen it on the pole earlier. So while I talked to them someone drove up and said it was back on the pole along Snyders Road. And from what I was told by birders there it's been frequenting that area of the Alpha grasslands off and on for a while. I left maybe 10 minutes after I saw it and there were at least 10 cars of birders there at that time.
Arlene Koch Easton, PA Northampton County <davilene...>

On Sunday, February 11, 2018 5:49 PM, Dave Leibert <xdave...> wrote:

Howdy birders,

I was there today looking for the gyr but no luck. I saw a pic of the
bird from this morning. Great shot of an adult dark phase gyr. This was
near the Oberly rd /Snyders rd junction.

A bunch of us saw it last weekend sitting on a cell tower, but it wasn't
a good look.

For what its worth, myself and another birder on separate occasions
thought we saw something quite gyr like at Merrill creek. If it was a
gyr it was a different color phase-grayish/tannish but immature. The
date was about a week and a half ago-after the adult was seen there.

Happy birding

Join us on Facebook!