Date: 2/11/18 2:49 pm
From: Dave Leibert <xdave...>
Subject: Re: Extralimital (very close) gyrfalcon
Howdy birders,

I was there today looking for the gyr but no luck. I saw a pic of the
bird from this morning. Great shot of an adult dark phase gyr. This was
near the Oberly rd /Snyders rd junction.

A bunch of us saw it last weekend sitting on a cell tower, but it wasn't
a good look.

For what its worth, myself and another birder on separate occasions
thought we saw something quite gyr like at Merrill creek. If it was a
gyr it was a different color phase-grayish/tannish but immature. The
date was about a week and a half ago-after the adult was seen there.

Happy birding

Join us on Facebook!