Date: 2/11/18 2:33 pm
From: DAVID PATICK <patick...>
Subject: Cabell, Mason and Kanawha County
Janet Keating, Mike Griffith and I birded today in Cabell, Mason and Kanawha counties fighting moderate rain showers . We drove to Spring Hill Cemetery in Charleston with the hopes of finding a Merlin, but as a consolation, we did locate a juvenile Cooper's Hawk(see link to pics below). We also visited the neighborhood of the gracious hosts Dr. Joe and Sue Jarrell to see the overwintering Brown Thrasher. We birded Mason County Rte. 817 and Rte. 2 and briefly Greenbottom WMA. Some of the birds seen were :

Spring Hill Cemetery:

Cooper's Hawk-1

https://www.flickr.com/photos/33983732@N02/40204754991/in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/33983732@N02/28424947379/in/dateposted/