Date: 2/11/18 11:25 am
From: Tom Crabtree <tc...>
Subject: [COBOL] February Raptor Census
I ran the February Lake Billy Chinook Raptor Sir Vay (since SPAM filters
don't like the real spelling) yesterday. The weather was in the mid 40s,
cool compared to the past few weeks, but downright tropical compared to last
year's. Interestingly, the birds were more similar to last year's
snowpocalypse than prior years. My eagles were taking their winter vacation
somewhere else (probably on Jeff Fleischer's route). Despite the mild
weather few birds were in the air. There were lots of paired Red-tails, but
no mating displays. Here is the species breakdown

Red-tailed Hawk 48 (24 in one field!)

American Kestrel 4

Northern Harrier 1

Rough-legged Hawk 1

Total Species 54 (second lowest for February)

I did have Chukar for the third month in a row - sometimes a difficult find
in Jefferson County.

Tom Crabtree