Date: 2/11/18 8:43 am
From: 'Judi S.' <judisierra...> [EBB_Sightings] <EBB_Sightings-noreply...>
Subject: [EBB_Sightings] Common Poorwill Berkeley
In Strawberry Canyon pre-dawn on 2/6/18 unexpectedly my light picked up a reflection on the ground. My dog ahead of me scared it up before I could ID it. The next 2 days I put her on a leash and of course didn't see anything. On the 9th she was off leash and of course a reflection and fly off. Today at 6:20 AM with a Ieash in hand and a reflection ahead I was able to get up close enough before it flew up to confirm that it was indeed a Poorwill. I have a 3/9/17 date of hearing one there but this is the earliest record I have. The bird was on the upper trail near the bench the first time and past the 2 mile post ( facing towards the hill not bay) today. 2 miles is from the bottom. It's 1.5 miles from the top space sciences building start.

Judi Sierra- Oakland

To contact the list Administrator go to: <EBB_Sightings-owner...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)