Date: 2/10/18 8:52 pm
From: Stefan Schlick <greenfant...>
Subject: [obol] Finley NWR Say's Phoebe, Lewis's Woodpecker, White-tailed Kite
Our Portland Audubon Birding Day took us to Benton and Linn Co today. We started early at E.E. Wilson, but left quickly as there was too much hunting going on. Several Western Bluebirds were near the entrance.

At Finley NWR, we found 9 Snow Geese and a drake Cinnamon Teal at McFadden Marsh. Several Western Bluebirds were flycatching along Bruce Rd, but we not have any luck with the reported Golden Eagle. At the headquarters we saw the Say's Phoebe after having lunch there. The Lewis's Woodpecker at Ray Bentley Overlook showed up just as we were about to leave; a Tree Swallow blew by there as we were waiting. Rough-legged Hawk, White-tailed Kite and Western Meadowlarks were at the Prairie Overlook.

We ended our day with several Short-eared Owls at Diamond Hill Wetlands east of Harrisburg.

It was fun! Thanks to all the participants for the good spotting!

Stefan Schlick
Hillsboro, OR

Join us on Facebook!