Date: 2/10/18 8:40 pm
From: Ray Korpi <rkorpi...>
Subject: [obol] Some north-central sightings, 2/10
Hi all,

Spent some time wandering around Wasco, Sherman, and Gilliam Counties today:

--4 Say's Phoebes, early per eBird: 1 at White River Falls SP, 1 at Sherman Co HS in Moro, and 2 in Gilliam Co.

--TUFTED DUCK--Blew by an adult male tufted duck at about MM108 on I-84. Tried to go back to Rufus and go west to see if I could find it, but no luck. Solid black back and head, gleaming white sides--have been looking for one for a while.

--Thousands of waterfowl between Biggs and Rufus including grebes, both scaups, both goldeneye, and tons of coots, and good variety of ducks

--Good sparrows at Deschutes River SP: Song (both west and east of mountains flavors), Fox, Lincolns, Golden-crowned, White-crowned, White-throated. Lots of both kinds of goldfinches.

--Was nice to see about 10 Rough-legged Hawks in Gilliam and Sherman CO.

--Only three shrikes all day, only one identified as Northern, one could have been Loggerhead but flushed and one that was too quick

Ray Korpi

Vancouver WA

Join us on Facebook!