Date: 2/10/18 6:30 pm
From: <jocelyn_winkler...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Calling all River Otter Spotters!
Greetings fellow birders!

The River Otter Ecology Project http://www.riverotterecology.org has been studying the expansion of river otter range in the Bay Area and southward for over 6 years, utilizing community based science efforts. We rely on our community science "otter spotters" to alert us by filling out a form indicating the location and time that they see a river otter. Because birders are some of our best "otter spotters", we would be incredibly grateful if you all could input otter sightings http://www.riverotterecology.org/submit-your-sightings-online-here.html http://www.riverotterecology.org/submit-your-sightings-online-here.htmlon our website http://www.riverotterecology.org. This helps us to track and map the range of the Bay Area river otter populations.Our work has allowed the CDF&W to update their range map for river otters, the first such update since 1995!

Thank you in advance for your help with this. Please let me me know if you have any questions about our work!

Happy birding!

Jocelyn Winkler

Join us on Facebook!