Date: 2/10/18 4:26 pm
From: Alan Krakauer <ahkrakauer...> [EBB_Sightings] <EBB_Sightings-noreply...>
Subject: [EBB_Sightings] Glaucous Gull, Hybrid Wigeon, Meeker Slough
We had a beautiful morning for our stint in the Birding the Bay Trail docent program. More than 50 species from Meeker Slough between Marina Bay and Pt Isabel in Contra Costa County. Two particularly noteworthy birds were:

*A pure white gull that we believe was Glaucous. It was fairly distant, but seemed about the same size as the Western Gulls and seemed to have a large-ish bill.

*An apparent hybrid AmericanxEurasian Wigeon. This gorgeous bird looked initially like a pure Eurasian. However, it flashed green behind the eye, and had a two-toned yellow forehead patch (darker, richer yellow closer to the bill and brighter white-yellow closer to the top of the head). Really pretty bird!

We were set up just south of Meeker Slough near the old pilings. We did our best to digiscope these birds- photos are in the eBird list https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S42646092

Good birding,
Alan Krakauer
Richmond, CA

To contact the list Administrator go to: <EBB_Sightings-owner...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)