Date: 2/10/18 2:44 pm
From: Oakes Plimpton <opoakes...> [arlingtonbirds] <arlingtonbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [Arlington Birds] Cranes, etc.
Rick Holmes wrote an op ed in the Advocate about Mississippi Sandhill Cranes (endangered), not mentioning that it is a sub-species and that you can spy the Cranes right here in Mass. He wrote me right back that he had included that information, but that the editor, no doubt a non-birder, cut that sentence! The perils of writing for publication!
The Watching Birds book I am reading is very interesting — everything you want to know about migration, plumage, ancestry, mating strategy, (some 300 pages long)! Roger Pasquier. Now I reading (from the Stop & Shop book rack) The Red Hourglass, Lives of the Predators Black Widow, Tarantula, Pigs of all things (they consumed the Do Do birds), all taking place in paces like Kansas and Oklahoma == yes, and Rattlesnakes!

Oakes

Posted by: Oakes Plimpton <opoakes...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional