Date: 2/10/18 1:55 pm
From: Steve Compton <scompton1251...>
Subject: Re: GOLDEN EAGLE @ Seabrook Island, SC
Immature and adult Golden Eagles reported in SC the past few weeks. Since
I have never seen one in SC that seems like a lot! I will be looking
up for one on the coast next weekend.
Steve ComptonGreenville, SC
Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE DroidOn 10 Feb 2018 1:58 pm, David Gardner
<carolinabirds...> wrote:

Hi folks,While birding with 15 naturalists from Mountain Trail
Outdoor School, we all saw an adult GOLDEN EAGLE fly over the
marsh. We all saw it for over a minute and everyone was able to
see the key features: chocolate brown all over, except for golden
shoulders and nape. No white at all. Large eagle with smaller head
than Bald Eagle.This may be the same adult I saw about 4 weeks ago
from same location.Keep you eyes to the skies.Happy Birding,David
Director of Environmental Education St. Christopher Camp &
Conference CenterSeabrook Island, SC

Sent from my iPhone
Begin forwarded message:

From: <ebird-checklist...>
Date: February 10, 2018 at 1:54:07 PM EST
To: <davidgardner14...>
Subject: eBird Report - St. Christopher Camp and Conference
Center, Feb 10, 2018

St. Christopher Camp and Conference Center, Charleston, South
Carolina, US
Feb 10, 2018 10:20 AM - 12:10 PM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
29 species

Bufflehead 3
Red-breasted Merganser 16
Common Loon 1
Horned Grebe 2
Wood Stork 1
Double-crested Cormorant 1
American White Pelican 6
Brown Pelican 8
Great Blu e Heron 1
Great Egret 2
Golden Eagle 1 David ID'd then got everyone else on the bird
and all confirmed these features:
Large raptor, chocolate brown all over except noticeably
golden shoulders and nape of neck. No white visible anywhere
on body.
Bird was seen flapping then gliding, flapping then gliding for
about 1minute as it flew east over the saltmarsh and towards
the Seabrook Island Golf Courses.
Same adult as four weeks ago?
American Oystercatcher 3
Bonaparte's Gull 8