Date: 2/10/18 10:00 am
From: 'Warren and Lisa Strobel' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Iceland Gull at Annapolis Junction
After running a 5k in Severna Park this morning, and just before the rains got heavier, I headed over to Annapolis Junction Transfer Station off Dorsey Run Road to look for the Glaucous Gull found by Joe Hanfman.
I thought that I had relocated it. But the more I looked at the gull in question, it didn't seem quite right - smaller and paler than a Glaucous Gull and with an all-dark bill, not the two-tone bill Joe had described. Definitely an Iceland Gull, probably a 1st Year. I could not find other pale gulls after the rain picked up, so the Glaucous could still be around as well.
Good Birding!
Warren StrobelAnnapolis, MD