Date: 2/9/18 9:13 pm
From: David Bailey <davidcbaileyoregon...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Steller’s Eider alt location
Those birding at The Cove in Seaside looking for Steller's Eiders or other
wonders may be interested to know that the direction one travels as they
move away from Seaside out along the large cobble beach is actually nearly
due WEST rather than south (and perhaps counter-intuitive to most). So the
location where Russ noted the eider recently is actually west of where most
have been finding the bird rather than south. Trivial perhaps, but some may
be interested in such trivia. The Lanai Motel or Condos actually has
advertised this point as their rooms are some of the few available on the
Oregon coast where the waves come in perpendicular to their ocean-view
window panes rather than parallel.

See on Google Maps:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/45%C2%B058'38.4%22N+123%C2%B057'24.9%22W/@45.9773333,-123.9591054,1837m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d45.9773315!4d-123.9569133