Date: 2/9/18 7:44 pm
From: <Edwwjr...> [nflbirds] <nflbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [nflbirds] Lake Henrietta and Tram Road Birding Friday in Tallahassee
Spent a couple of hours at Lake Henrietta and then at the Southeast Farm off Tram Road today.

Lots of lesser scaup and tree swallows at the lake. Also some ring-necked ducks and buffleheads. 3 limpkin.

Had a flock fly in a couple of hundred feet ahead of me that I first thought were cowbirds. Then thought a flock of female red-winged blackbirds. Before I reached them they flew away but gave the sounds of neither species. Has anyone had rusty blackbirds at Lake Henrietta recently?

At the farm holding ponds bufflehead were the dominant species but there was one redhead and two common goldeneye. A large flock of cedar waxwings was working the trees along the entrance.

Ed Woodruff
Tallahassee

Join us on Facebook!