Date: 2/9/18 5:29 pm
From: Jody Williams <fisherwoods...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Marana Burrowing Owls, Ferruginous Hawk, Lark Buntings
Walked the water plant Access road in North Marana this afternoon. Once again spotted Burrowing Owls on the Tucson property, this time split apart by about 1/4 mile. Also found two Lark Buntings in the sparrow areas, and as I drove out, Larry Norris’s Ferruginous Hawk was pole sitting on Luckett Road.
Encountered three flocks of Yellow-headed Blackbirds which I estimated at 15,000 total. 31 Western Meadowlarks at the beginning of the road pinged eBird with, "unusually high numbers for place and time”as did the hawk and the large flock.

The Cemex pit ponds had the usual ducks… nothing special.

John R Williams