Date: 2/9/18 5:28 pm
From: Yong Kong <yklitespeed...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] All Yellow bill Common Goldeneye at Shark River Inlet, Monmouth County
This morning I received a birding tip from a fellow NJ birder who indicated his birding day at Sandy Hook yesterday as *Long day, not very many birds*

I headed over towards my own North Tour route this morning anyway, and as expected I was unable to find my target birds and my day was also long with a few birds.

I did find one interesting Goldeneye at Shark River Inlet, which I believe it is the same bird that was initially ID’ed as Barrow’s Goldeneye while back and it disappeared from Ebird.

It was found further up in the inlet and I observed the bird from Inlet Terrace and First Avenue. Perhaps others will try once again this weekend to make this bird into a Barrow’s Goldeneye.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/56086564@N04/

Yong Kong
Camden County

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>