Date: 2/9/18 11:49 am
Subject: Snowy Owl
I found a snowy owl on the beach off the Oregon Inlet, Bonner Bridge south
jetty, NC, February 9, 2018. It was in the protected, fenced area east of
the old Coast Guard station. It flew a couple of times, staying within the
fencing, and seemed skittish while I walked from the jetty beach towards
the Coast Guard station. I have some long-shot photos of it because I did
not want to scare it any more than I already had. I observed it from 9:30
a.m. to about 10:00, and left it on the west side of the fenced area. It
seemed healthy but did not like me being in the area. I have submitted the
long-shot photos to Carolina Rare Bird facebook page.

Join us on Facebook!