Date: 2/9/18 10:53 am
From: bmknj16 . <bmknj17...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Takanassee swan needs help.
Hey.

A swan which spends much of his time on either of the two small ponds
beyond the railroad tracks at Takanassee Lake has a tangle of fishing line
hanging from his mouth. He still swims and feeds and flies.

I'm waiting for a return call from Long Branch animal control (which I
called at the suggestion of The Raptor Trust) but since I doubt they can do
anything at this point, I figured I'd at least ask everyone to stay aware
of the bird in case it gets to a point where it is capturable.

The Raptor Trust rep said they'd take it (I wasn't sure since it's
nonnative.).

Thanks.
Brett Klaproth

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>