Date: 2/9/18 10:11 am
From: Herb and Sarah Myers <hesemyers...>
Subject: Birds
I birded Hogueland Lane near Petersburg this morning. I thought I was going
to strike out on Horned Larks. There were two American Kestrels feeding
near where they usually are. I finally heard some tinkling. When I finally
saw them in the corn stubble, the flock kept growing to approximately 100
or more birds. I couldn't find any longspurs or buntings among them, but it
was difficult scanning with the rather tall corn stalks. When leaving,
there were two Red-tailed Hawks sitting on the large powerline poles.

Meanwhile, on the home front, we have a lot of Pine Siskins at our feeders
with the return of snow and colder weather. The birds were singing more
around the feeders this morning. I guess they know it is warming again.
Herb Myers, Harman, Randolph County

Join us on Facebook!