Date: 2/9/18 9:52 am
From: CK Franklin <meshoppen...>
Subject: Leucisitc American Robin, Pulaski County
I happened to look out the bathroom window this morning to check on a tree in the neighbor's back yard that the robins have been feeding on when they are not depositing holly berry seeds from another neighbor's bush out front. Much to my surprise, among the White-throated Sparrows cleaning up the black oil sunflower seeds I had scattered for them a little earlier, a partially leucistic(?) robin was flipping leaves. This robin's back and head was more creamy or bone colored than pure white. Against the brown grass the contrast was stark. My camera wanted to close focus on the window screen instead of the bird so I missed my opportunity to document it's presence. I got out the big camera and went outside. I never relocated the bird among the several hundred member mixed feeding flock of robins, grackles, blackbirds, blue jays, cardinals, waxwings, and sparrows in constant motion among the bushes and trees in the area.

Cindy
Little Rock

Join us on Facebook!