Date: 2/9/18 9:42 am
From: Scott Loss <scottrloss...>
Subject: NOT a Least Grebe at Lake Carl Blackwell
All,

The bird I previously identified as a Least Grebe at Lake Carl Blackwell is
actually a very small (and early hatching) juvenile Pied-billed Grebe. I
was thrown by the bird's extremely small size, short neck, and tiny bill,
as well as what seems like a very early date for a recently hatched
pied-billed. My apologies for the false alarm... and it sounds like at
least one group may have headed up to Stillwater so I apologize if the
previous retraction was not clear or fast enough!

Some photos of the bird can be found embedded in the eBird checklist below:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S42616080

Scott Loss
Stillwater.

Join us on Facebook!