Date: 2/8/18 7:38 pm
From: Lillian Shupe <lrshupe...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Merrill Creek Falcons
I thought I'd try for the gyrfalcon again. I was walking on the dam to the
right of the tower parking lot. I saw a falcon shaped bird fly across the
path and go into the trees. It landed not far from the path, close enough
for OK pix (lighting was tough) but alas it looks to be "only" a peregrine.

This would be my first sighting of a peregrine at Merrill Creek.

Just before the falcon appeared, two bald eagles were flying about. There
were plenty of snow and canada geese, many gulls too far away to ID, but
fewer duck species than previously.

Lillian Shupe

Lower Mt Bethel, Pa.

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>