Date: 2/8/18 4:05 pm
From: Ernest P Hahn <ernestphahn...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] The frustrations of wild goose chases
Yes they may be gone but leaving behind a lingering dose of e coli behind. Not exactly the environment that you want children playing in.
Marc, on the other hand I feel your pain. Two years ago there were two Barnacle Geese at a county park in Jamesburg. They would be life birds for me. I get to the parking area and several birders are there already. The geese are there but on the opposite shore of the lake. The scope view is far from satisfying. I hike the half a mile to the opposite shore, set up the scope and I can see a truck pull into the parking lot. Before I can get on the geese a guy steps out and fires two shell crackers sending each and every goose on its way. If it were easy everyone would have a life list of 600 birds 😊
Ernie

Sent from Mail for Windows 10