Date: 2/8/18 12:53 pm
From: Bruni Haydl <bruni...>
Subject: FOY - Pine Siskin
I've been waiting for one of these all winter long.  It was the only one
on the thistle feeder.  That slender shape and greenish/yellow on the
side made me do a double take.  When it finally turned its head there
was no mistaking that needle sharp bill.  Hopefully it will come back.

There is also an oddly marked Housefinch that I've been trying to get a
photo of.  Seems like the birds like to appear when I have my hands full
of cookie dough or am doing dishes.

Some of the Goldfinches are getting solid yellow spots.  The male
Housefinches are also picking up color.  Snowdrops are up about two
inches so Spring must be on its way.

Bruni Haydl

Charles Town, WV

Join us on Facebook!