Date: 2/8/18 9:53 am
From: Lillian Shupe <lrshupe...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] Question about Bald Eagle Behavior
I have an Osprey nest behind my house. Once, a young bald eagle got into a fight with the Osprey which were sitting on eggs at the time. One Osprey stayed in the nest and the other fought in mid-air with the eagle, locking claws with each other. The eagle then flew off with the osprey right on it's tail. I kept checking the nest and it was 3 hours before the Osprey was back. I thought for sure he had lost the fight.
Young eagles have checked out the nest site before, and once a pari of adults. The interloper was too young to be thinking about nesting.

Lillian Shupe
Lower Mt Bethel