Date: 2/8/18 5:10 am
From: Jeff Blalock <jcbabirder...>
Subject: National Audubon Society Bird Apps
Greeting all.

Last week I contacted the developers of the National Audubon apps that I had that needed their iOS updated to work only to find out that they were removed from the app stores and are no longer supported and that you couldn’t get a refund because the money was paid to the developers of the apps. I had 4 of these apps of which some I had just purchased months before they were removed from the marketplace.

That’s the bad news, the good news is that now all of the Audubon Bird apps will be continued to be supported and Best news of all is that now they are FREE.

I have the Audubon Owls app but since it is now free I went ahead and downloaded the Audubon Bird app of North America. Once you download the app you will need to also download the pictures and sounds to be able to use it without WiFi. That means when you are out Birding and want to look up a bird or it’s songs then you will need to do the download and do it while you are connected to WiFi. It takes a while but not too long.

Even if you already have a Bird app already it doesn’t hurt to have a backup for a second opinion and extra songs and calls.

Good Birding

From my iPhone

May God Bless and Keep You

Jeff Blalock