Date: 2/7/18 8:42 pm
From: <david_assmann...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Swallows and other GG Park Sightings
Stopping by Spreckels Lake to look for the geese quartet, I observed at least six swallows flying over the lake, with two being VIOLET-GREEN SWALLOWS and two being TREE SWALLOWS. I couldn't definitively determine what the other two were. The RED-NECKED GREBE was fishing, and the four species of geese flew in, including the ROSS'S GOOSE, the SNOW GOOSE, the four GREATER-WHITE FRONTED GEESE and more than 30 CANADA GEESE. Later, at Stow Lake, I observed at least 10 swallows, with all the swallows I could ID being TREE SWALLOWS.

Join us on Facebook!