Date: 2/7/18 8:22 pm
From: Joel Geier <joel.geier...>
Subject: [obol] Oakridge High Prairie
Also this morning, I made a quick side trip to Oakridge to see if the
Middle Fork Ranger Station could use more brochures.

And as long as I was up there, I figured I might as well visit High
Prairie.

Now I know why local birders have been talking about the incessant sound
of helicopter-logging. Mary Lee, how do you put up with it?

Also I was dismayed to see that the High Prairie cattle ranch is up for
auction, on August 17th. It's hard to imagine that any future owner will
maintain the present degree of open habitat, which has made this a
friendly place for Great Gray Owls etc.

--
Joel Geier
Camp Adair area north of Corvallis