Date: 2/7/18 7:53 pm
From: KIM BODDIE <kcboddie...>
Subject: [COBOL] Bend - Alfalfa Raptor Survey
Today, I did the ECAS Bend-Alfalfa Raptor Survey under clear skies, 5 - 10 mph winds and temperatures between 43 and 64 degrees F. The count was an above average 92 with lots of red-tails.  One of the trip highlights besides being out there was observing the Deschutes Co. Landfill white Raven. The lutistic bird is mostly a gray/buff color with a black bill.  It landed across the road from me so I was able to get a pretty good photo.  If anyone wants to see it, let me know.

Raptors Counted.
Red-tailed Hawk           69
American Kestrel          12
Bald eagle                 2A