Date: 2/7/18 6:31 pm
From: Leslie Flint <lflint...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Red-necked Grebe at Pomponio Beach
Hi all,

I stopped at Pomponio Beach today on my way south along Hwy 1. Scoping from the bluff down to the water, I saw all 3 species of Scoters: 6+ Black, 2 (maybe more) White-winged, and dozens of Surf. In a small group of Western Grebes, there was a Red-necked Grebe. It was in view for short periods of time - mostly diving underwater and reappearing briefly, always in a different location.

Good luck,

Leslie Flint
San Mateo

Posted by: Leslie Flint <lflint...>