Date: 2/6/18 6:30 pm
From: Barret Pierce <bpierce...>
Subject: [texbirds] Panhandle Birding: Golden-crowned Sparrow Lake Meredith, Potter Co TX 6-FEB 2018
I had a Golden-crowned Sparrow at Lake Meredith, Potter Co today at 4:00 pm. It was an adult with a bright yellow crown stripe flanked by its black crown. Directions: Enter Lake Meredith NRA on the McBride Canyon road, continue past Mullinaw Trailhead along Mullinaw Creek to the picnic table area turn around at the end of the road. I saw the GCSP on the perimeter of the last picnic area in a flock of WCSPs, and it flew back toward the next to last picnic table. I could not get other birders on the GCSP or relocate it after it flushed.

Barrett Pierce
Amarillo, TX
http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner