Date: 2/6/18 3:45 pm
From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack995...>
Subject: [texbirds] Tuesday morning bird census, Hagerman NWR
I suffered a relapse of my seasonal malady so I missed yet another count. My son Mike once again filled in taking care of the eBird entries. Although it was a bleak and very chilly day they did quite well, finding 87 species. The high point of the day was at Goode when they got to watch a Pileated Woodpecker up close. There were still about 650 White Geese but they will probably be departing soon. Duck numbers were down, but there were still 13 species present. Harris Sparrows are still present in high numbers. Both Eastern and Spotted Towhees were seen.
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S42543081
Jack Chiles, Texas master naturalist and volunteer, Hagerman NWR.
http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner

Join us on Facebook!